Click here to view my resume in PDF format. Please note that it is protected; the password is 'pdfresume'.
A challenging and rewarding position as an applications software engineer in a dynamic organization that values technical superiority, excellent communication, proven leadership, perpetual learning, and innovative thinking.
- Over 8 years of applied software engineering experience supporting all aspects of development, from conception to maintenance, on enterprise, distributed, and web-based, commercial software systems.
- Primary languages include C/C++, Java, web technologies and shell scripting, largely in Solaris/UNIX.
- Proficient in OOAD, UML, design patterns, system and component architecture, including multi-tier applications.
- Comfortable with a variety of IID methodologies, including Spiral, Unified/RUP, and agile methods.
- Domain expertise in distributed and desktop systems, concurrent processing, COTS integration, satellite TT&C, HCI/GUI design, anomaly/defect resolution, legacy software, refactoring, technical writing, and software CM.
- Proven leader; successful motivating and leading a wide variety of groups to high levels of achievement.
- Exceptional communication skills, extraordinary attention to detail, cultivator of collaboration.
Software Engineer : Lockheed Martin IS&S : Boulder, CO : 2002 - Present
Responsibilities - Design and implement defect resolutions and new features for a USAF contracted mission-critical, distributed satellite ground control TT&C application. Apply C, C++, STL, ksh, OOAD, UML, RogueWave, and IID expertise in Solaris/UNIX. Support multiple (4+) baselines of a 400K LOC code base at all stages of the software lifecycle in a CMMI Level 5/ISO 9001 organization. Elicit and derive requirements; architect and design systems and components; implement, unit test, review, and integrate new code. Repair, maintain, redesign, and enhance existing and legacy code. Document, improve, and automate development processes and build/delivery tools. Administer ClearCase MultiSite code repository. Perform technical writing, tool-smithing, and COTS software integration.
Selected Accomplishments - Two years as team lead; expertly manage accountability and schedule for technically diverse team. Balance and prioritize new/maintenance, short/long-term, critical/non-critical tasks. Recognized product expert, trusted with high-severity problems. Employ skillful analysis and refactoring to solve serious and complex memory, concurrency, and reliability problems in mission-critical software. Collaborate with staff engineers to architect critical new components, including replacement of the crucial database subsystem to improve reliability and consolidate use of third-party tools. Initiated and led design, creation, deployment and automation of new SWCM processes and tools. Streamlined and directed process to re-join highly divergent code baselines after a year of independent development.
Awards - SPOT award for technical achievement, innovation award for assisting with new training program deployment, commendation from program director for closure of a high-visibility software release.
Software Engineering Assistant : Athene Software : Boulder, CO : 1999 - 2001
Selected Accomplishments - Member of original start-up team that designed, developed and launched all 4 tiers of the flagship application for its first release; single-handedly produced the sales and marketing prototype. Created XML/XSL adapters to transform and serialize data between C++ and Java. Designed complex, intuitive, web-based GUIs. Constructed comprehensive, cross-platform, multi-language build system for C++ and Java on Solaris and Windows.
Senior Software Engineering Project : University of Colorado : Boulder, CO : 2001 - 2002
Responsibilities - Produce a fully-functional web-based application to meet requirements of industry sponsor under strict 9-month schedule, following complete SW lifecycle, from design through test. Perform checkpoints, reviews, and comprehensive tests. Provide complete development and user documentation. Project portfolio available upon request.
Selected Accomplishments - Successfully created web-based course management application for a CU professor, utilizing HTML, JSP, Java, and mySQL in a 3-tier architecture. Provided an innovative DB cache, robust security with both role- and user-based permissions and a context-sensitive, in-line help system.
Proprietor : Eventide Computer Consulting : Aurora; Boulder; Lafayette, CO : 1997 - Present
Details - Sole proprietor of information technology consulting business. Design, deploy, and administer small business and home networks and personal computing systems. Build, integrate, and upgrade PCs. Execute specialized software and hardware planning. Implement integrated, multi-medium office, home, and mobile communication systems. Create dynamic, database-driven websites. Provide custom-tailored computer training for individuals and groups.
Programmer & Systems Administrator : ASDS Computer Company : Denver, CO : 1997 - 1999
Details - Create custom programs and websites for small business customers, using HTML, VB, and VB for applications. Create add-on components to Symantec ACT!, upgrade, maintain MS Windows network and computers. Implement and perform data archive process for customer and business-critical data. Design flat-file manipulation and formatting scripts to increase efficiency of accounting move a traditionally paper-based business to electronic resources.
IT Assistant : Meridian Investment Management : Englewood, CO : 1996 - 1997
Graduate School : University of Colorado : Boulder, CO
- Professional Certificate in Software Engineering, 2005
- Master of Engineering, Computer Engineering, Anticipated 2008
- 15 of 30 credits complete, 3 credits in-progress; GPA 4.0.
Undergraduate : University of Colorado : Boulder, CO
- Bachelor of Science Computer Science, 2002
- Bachelor of Arts, Major in English Literature, 2002
- Amiable, energetic, friendly, and easy to work with. Appropriately give and take direction as required.
- Relate well to people of varying education, background, and skill level; effectively translate between specialized and non-technical personnel. Well-respected by superiors, peers and subordinates.
- Accomplished leader in both formal and peer settings. Long-term experience built from youth, college, and workplace.
- Active community service: teaching middle school children, Habitat for Humanity, organizer and referee for Colorado FIRST LEGO League, Community Food Share volunteer, and build refurbished computers for the underprivileged.
- Member of IEEE and ACM.
Gladly provided upon request.